We believe it is paramount that we adhere to a service commitment to our clients by providing the best possible personalised service to our clients in accordance with our guarantees written into our Terms of Business in our client care letter. We pride ourselves on the standard of service and legal advice we offer to all our clients and ensure that we meet clients expectations by
(i) Representing clients interests to the best of our ability.
Burketts internal Complaints procedure
A complaint may be raised with the Principal Solicitor, either in writing, over the telephone, by fax or e-mail.
All complaints are referred to the Complaints Manager for investigation.
The Complaints Manager will write to acknowledge a complaint within five working days of the complaint first being received.
The acknowledgement letter will confirm the following:
• The contact details of the person investigating the complaint
• Acknowledgement of the concerns raised to ensure there are no misunderstandings.
We aim to investigate and resolve all complaints within six weeks of receipt.
If we are unable to provide you with a full response, we will write to you and inform you of the reasons why and when we will next be in contact with you.
In the unlikely event we have still not concluded our investigation after eight weeks we will write to you further informing you of the reasons why and a date in which we expect to be able to provide you with a final response.
Upon conclusion of our investigations into a complaint, we will send you a final decision letter confirming the following;
• Our final decision of our investigations
• Any appropriate redress that Burketts is willing to make.
How to make a complaint about Burketts to the Legal Ombudsman
There are three methods you can use to make your complaint.
1.Online complaint application at;
2. Paper application
Call the Legal Ombudsman’s office for a paper application form on 0845 601 0794 (Calls are charged at local rates)
3. In writing to the Office of the Legal Services Ombudsman at:
You should write to the Ombudsman within 3 months of receiving Burketts final decision letter. You will need to provide:
• Reasons why you are dissatisfied with Burketts handling of your complaint and/or the decision reached;
• The reference number for your case;
• The name of the Solicitor dealing with your case;
• A copy of Burketts final decision letter.